Are you sure that your home or office building security systems are compliant with the insurance regulations applicable in South Perth? Are you stressed out dealing with your insurance company after a break-in at your building? If yes, we, at South Perth Locksmiths are here to cover any and all lock repairs to help re-secure your home!
Stay Compliant with Insurance Locks
At South Perth Locksmiths, we present an exclusive range of lock installation, maintenance, repair and replacement as well as other security measures such as alarms, deadbolts etc. for both commercial and residential properties across Perth and surrounding neighbourhoods.
Not only do we ensure that your property’s security stands the best chance against a break-in but also make it insurance ready, so you can make a claim in case of a theft.
Why Choose Us?
As a family owned and operated business, 100% settled in WA, serving the locality with a team of fully licensed, trade qualified and technically sound security specialists for more than 25 years, we —
- Install, maintain, repair and replace a variety of security systems for your domestic and commercial properties.
- Upgrade or combine your existing physical locks to technology based digital smart security systems and alarms to add another layer of protection.
- Ensure your physical and/or digital security systems are always in compliance to the most recent regulations enforced by your insurer.
- Help you deal with the insurers and get your claims processed fast and smooth, in case of a break-in.
- Our mobile service unit is reachable through 24/7 emergency helpline, with super-fast response time to help customers.
Important Considerations For Insurance Locks
All of us want our homes and commercial properties to be safe from harm. That is why it is definitely worth it to have quality locks on doors and windows installed.
However, the type of locks that you choose can have a significant impact on your insurance.
Depending on the property in question, it can lower your premium or clauses may come up if you’ve chosen locks that are not sufficient for your needs.
If you wish to have your home insured but you’re not sure if your locks are good enough, it’s important to consult an insurance locksmith expert today.
Securing Your Exterior Doors
All of your exterior doors need to be secured with a deadlock that comes with a key cylinder both inside and out.
You can have this lock mortice or surface-mounted depending on your preference.
Using a mortice just means that it has a recess cut into the door’s edge wherein the locking mechanism can be found. Generally, the surface-mounted lock – also known as a rim lock – is usually less fussy to install.
After deciding on either lock choices, the decision between a dead latch and a deadbolt is up next.
The former is a self-latching device which comes with a latch bolt that is spring-actuated.
This device can automatically lock a door and then released by a key on either side. A deadbolt has some similarities to a deadlatch.
However, the main difference between the two is that the deadbolt isn’t spring-activated. The key will be needed to unlock and lock the deadbolt.
Deadlatches, deadbolts and deadlocks are often used on the primary external doors of a property.
Using keyed patio bolts are commonly used on French and patio doors. These two operate by releasing and fastening the bolt often into the ground.
Securing Your Window Locks
Securing your external windows will require you to utilise the bolts or locks that match the kind of window you need to be secured.
- Casement Windows – standard designs usually have its sash hinged on its side. This is often referred to as an awning window while those that are hinged at the bottom are hopper windows. These windows can be secured using a keyed lock. As an alternative, a keyed bolt can be fitted by your residential locksmith to attain the same results
- Sash Windows – these are commonly available in two forms: single and double hung. You can secure these windows using a keyed lock that is attached at its meeting rail. Alternatively, you may use a keyed bolt.
- Sliding Windows – these types of windows can have a keyed lock installed to keep its sash secured from the frame and can stop it from sliding. You can also use a keyed bolt to achieve the same output.
Contact Us Now for Your Insurance Locksmith Needs
At South Perth Locksmiths, we promise you advanced security solutions per the recommendations of your insurance company, along with a free quote on our incredibly competitive pricing for all services in South Perth.
Let us ensure your security systems are installed and active, in-sync with the insurance regulations in South Perth and relieve you of future hassles. Call us today!
25 years of experience as a mobile service that’s proudly 100% WA owned and operated – we always give the best possible service at the best possible price
We have an ultra-fast call out time for when you need to get into your home or office in a hurry – call us 24/7 for emergencies!
We’re proud of our reputation for professional, friendly, fast locksmith service for local residents and commercial business owners in South Perth